When I was a teenager, I remember reading about Santa Vorster in the Personality magazine that we received from South Africa, and so I have discovered some of her favourite love songs on the YouTube.
1. He taught me to yodel – “live”
2. Heartaches by the number
3. That silver haired Daddy of mine
This is a favourite love song that I first heard by Jim Reeves.
4. Crystal chandeliers
5. That’s how the yodel was born
6. Cattle call
I first heard this song by Slim Whitman.
7. Ding dong polka
8. Hobo’s lullaby
9. Yodel sweet Molly
10. There’s a rainbow in every teardrop
This is a very interesting concept.
11. Swiss lullaby
12. There’s no food in this house – with Charles Jacobie
This is a very real problem in many homes around the world. I wish I had met Charles Jacobie and Santa Vorster.
13. My old guitar and me
There have been times in my life when it felt like my guitar was my best friend.
14. My friend Mr. Echo
15. Oh boy
I first heard this favourite love song by the Crickets.
16. Oh lonesome me – a favourite love song by Santa Vorster
I sang this song a lot when I was a teenager in Bulawayo. Many years later I discovered it was written by Don Gibson.
17. Skater’s yodel
18. Silver threads and golden needles
19. Nobody’s child
20. Happy birthday my Darling
Here is another one of my favourite love songs.
21. There’s a love knot in my lariat
22. I’m casting my lasso toward the sky
24. She taught me to yodel
Thank you Santa Vorster for these songs, and thanks to Tillie Ackermann for loading them onto the YouTube.
25. That little kid sister of mine
Santa Vorster sing ook baie Afrikaanse liefdesliedjies, en ek hoop u sal van hulle geniet.
26. Vanaand verlang ek huistoe
27. Switserse bergliedjie
28. My Moeder
29. Met ‘n liefde so rein
30. Daar’s geen kos in die huis – saam met Charles Jacobie
31. In my hart sal ek jou altyd min
32. Yodel ‘n lekker lied
33. As die blou maan weer verskyn
When my blue moon turns to gold again.
35. Die swerwer verlang
38. As die lente weer kom
Mocking bird hill.
39. Ek soek a klein liefling
Gonna buy me a bluebird.
40. Ek is joune
41. Geen vlerke het my engel
Hi-Lili Hi-Lili Hi-Lo.
43. Nooit wil ek jou min nie
44. Oor die Drakensberge